Newsletter date: 26 September 2015; last updated 3:15pm AEST
* Homepage of 'Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country': http://walkingforcountry.com/
* Update: Walkatjurra Walkabout: The end of another year
* facebook updates: Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country, facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WalkForCountry
WGAR News postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
'Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country'
"2015 Walkatjurra Walkabout Dates: 16th August -19th September ... "
"Walking for country is to reconnect people with land and culture. The Walkatjurra Walkabout is a pilgrimage across Wangkatja country in the spirit of our ancestors so together, we as present custodians, can protect our land and our culture for future generations. My people have resisted destructive mining on our land and our sacred sites for generations. For over forty years we have fought to stop uranium mining at Yeelirrie, we stopped the removal of sacred stones from Weebo and for the last twenty years we have stopped destruction of 200 sites at Yakabindie. ... " Kado Muir, Traditional Owner, Yeelirrie
Walkatjurra Walkabout: The end of another year
26 Sep 15: " ... Well that’s another year of the Walkatjurra Walkabout, for me it was a really inspiring group of people and one of the best walks. But it is far more that just walking, so I would like to take this time to thank the too numerous to mention, ... To all those who read the updates and posted online, to those who came from Australia and overseas, to the Aboriginal people of the region and through out Australia and the world who are striving for a future free from the nuclear industry and to all the walkers be they there for a day or a month, I would like to extend my deepest respect and love. We will continue to walk for a nuclear free world, one step at a time, and one story at a time, together we can create the change." Yours in peace and solidarity, Bilbo Taylor
- facebook updates
Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country, facebook
WGAR News: 'Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country' - Wiluna to Leonora - 16th August - 19th September 2015
WGAR News: Walkatjurra Walkabout.. Week one on the road: Marcus Atkinson, Walkatjurra Walkabout Crew
WGAR News: Walkatjurra Walkabout update: Week two on the road: walking on the special red-earth country of the Northern Goldfields
WGAR News: Statement from Taiwan Nuclear Free Movement to Walkatjurra Walkabout: Coalition of Taitung Communities Against Nuclear Waste - Green Citizen's Action Alliance
WGAR News: Walkatjurra Walkabout completes 5th walk against uranium mining in West Australia
WGAR Background to the Aboriginal Sovereignty Movement
(last updated: 19 September 2015)
WGAR Background Info Web-Pages
(last updated: 19 September 2015)
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), [and Northern Territory (NT)?];
* Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 5-6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
'WGAR News' postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire