Newsletter date: 22 February 2015
Newsletter date: 18 April 2014
* The Elders' Report into Preventing Indigenous Self-harm & Youth Suicide
* Culture is Life Campaign: Promoting community led solutions to Indigenous youth suicide
* Petition: Be Part of the Healing: Indigenous Youth Suicide Must End
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Elders across Australia say Governments need to listen to them on how to address youth suicide
* Audio regarding the Elders' Report [Includes 2SER, The Stringer on SoundCloud, NIRS, SBS News on SoundCloud & ABC]
* Video regarding the Elders' Report [Includes SBS & ABC]
One of Sydney’s major community radio stations, 2ser, has ordered its volunteer workforce not to speak to any other media outlets about the station.
The ruling is included in a new five page contract which has been leaked to Indymedia. (see pdf below)
About 200 volunteers work at the station which is based at the UTS campus. All volunteers were told to sign the contracts or they would have to leave the station.
The legalistic document states:
A review of programming at Radio 2SER is fast turning into a nasty purge of volunteers who have questioned or criticised management in the past, according to several station volunteers.
The UTS based community station is slowly revealing the extent of its current programming overhaul with phone calls and meetings with individual shows and presenters.