Newsletter date: 10 August 2015, 5:50pm AEST
* Homepage of 'Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country': http://walkingforcountry.com/
* About Us - Walkatjurra Walkabout
* Information for Participants - Walkatjurra Walkabout
* WGAR Background to the Aboriginal Sovereignty Movement
WGAR News postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
'Walkatjurra Walkabout - Walking for Country'
"WALKATJURRA WALKABOUT is a celebration of Wangkatja country, a testament to the strength of the community who have fought to stop uranium mining at Yeelirrie for over forty years, and a chance to come together to continue share our commitment to a sustainable future without nuclear. It is a chance to reconnect with the land, and to revive the tradition of walking for country. The Walkatjurra Walkabout continues to grow and strengthen the connections between protecting Country and stopping uranium mining. ... Join us for a one month walk from Wiluna to Leonora from August 16th – September 19th. ... "
About Us - Walkatjurra Walkabout
"Walkajurra Walkabout – Walking for Country will be lead by the Walkatjurra Rangers, in partnership with Footprints for Peace, Western Australian Nuclear Free Alliance (WANFA), the Anti Nuclear Alliance of Western Australia (ANAWA) and the Conservation Council of Western Australia (CCWA). WALKATJURRA RANGERS: The Ranger group provide opportunities for community members to undertake cultural maintenance activities, for youth to learn and for elders to promote their culture to others and develop opportunities for training and livelihoods based on cultural enterprises. ... "
Scroll down the page for further info on Walkatjurra Rangers, Footprints for Peace, WANFA, ANAWA & CCWA
The Walkatjurra Ranger Program
Footprints for Peace
Western Australian Nuclear Free Alliance (WANFA)
Anti Nuclear Alliance of Western Australia (ANAWA)
Conservation Council of Western Australia (CCWA)
- Background Info
Information for Participants - Walkatjurra Walkabout
"We welcome your interest in the Walkatjurra Walkabout. Let me start with a few words about the spirit of our adventure. This walk will challenge and invigorate our ability to enact the changes that we wish to see in our world and society. It is about fulfilling the realization that we are all custodians of this earth. It is a chance and a process to step outside our comfort zones and distractions to focus on what we are trying to achieve as custodians in our actions on this walk and after this walk. As such, we will be adhering to Non-violent guidelines that are aligned with principles and campaigns that this walk supports. ... "
WGAR Background to the Aboriginal Sovereignty Movement
(last updated: 6 August 2015)
WGAR Background Info Web-Pages
(last updated: 6 August 2015)
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), [and Northern Territory (NT)?];
* Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 5-6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
'WGAR News' postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire