Newsletter date: 15 January 2015
* Upcoming Event: Stoptheintervention_announce: National Protest in Canberra on 13 February 2015: Join the fight against ongoing Stolen Generations!
* Upcoming Event: Facebook: 13 February at 12:00; Canberra - Sorry means you don't do it again
* Fundraising: IRAG_announce: Child removal protest financial appeal - Canberra February 13
* Homepage of Grandmothers Against Removals (GMAR): http://stopstolengenerations.com.au/
* Facebook: Stop Stolen Generations: https://www.facebook.com/stopstolengenerations
* WGAR Background: Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
- Upcoming Event
Stoptheintervention_announce Public Google Group:
National Protest in Canberra on 13 February 2015: Join the fight against ongoing Stolen Generations!
5 Jan 15: "National Protest in Canberra
Join our fight against ongoing Stolen Generations!
13 February 2015
Marking the 7th anniversary of the Apology
12 noon - rally at Aboriginal Tent Embassy
March to Parliament House ...
Grandmothers Against Removals in NSW (GMAR), is participating in a mobilisation called by the National Aboriginal Strategic Alliance to Bring the Children Home (NASA). We will join people from across the country to protest against the continuing mass removal of Aboriginal children from their families. The protest will take place on the 7th anniversary of Kevin Rudd’s apology to the Stolen Generations - sorry means you don’t do it again! Please find attached and below promotional material with information about the current crisis of child removal and how you can get involved. ... "
- Upcoming Event
Facebook Events: Sorry means you don't do it again
"13 February at 12:00; Canberra
7 years after the National Apology: National Protest demanding a Stop to the Stolen Generations
12 noon - rally at Aboriginal Tent Embassy; March to Parliament House
More Aboriginal children are being forcibly removed by child welfare agencies now than ever before in Australia’s history! ...
Communities nation-wide will converge on Canberra on February 13th to demand an end to to the Government's assimilationist agenda, that Aboriginal communities have control of their children's welfare and that Government invest in Aboriginal services that support families and communities."
IRAG_announce Public Google Group:
Child removal protest financial appeal - Canberra February 13
18 Dec 14: "Dear IRAG supporters,
IRAG is supporting a national demonstration in Canberra on February 13 2015, the anniversary of the Apology to the Stolen Generations, calling for an end to the mass removal Indigenous children by child welfare agencies. A leaflet for the February 13 protests, including key facts on the national child removal crisis, is attached to this email. Please find attached and below a letter from two Aboriginal women living in Alice Springs affected by forced removals, seeking funds to enable a delegation from Central Australia to join these protests. ...
In solidarity, Paddy Gibson for IRAG"
Leaflet for the February 13 protests: https://drive.google.com/viewerng/viewer?a=v&pid=forums&srcid=MTY5MTk0MT...
- Homepage of Grandmothers Against Removals (GMAR)
Grandmothers Against Removals (GMAR)
- Facebook: Stop Stolen Generations
Stop Stolen Generations
WGAR Background: Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation
(last updated: 24 December 2014)
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA) and South Australia (SA);
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 3-4 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.